- What is the difference between a distributor and supplier of electricity?
- What does energy market bring to customers?
- Who determines the price of electricity for non-eligible (tariff) customers?
- What is a public electricity supplier?
- What if I become a eligible customer and I chose an electricity supplier?
- Why do I have to sign a contract on connection to the distribution network, contract on the use of the distribution network and electricity supply contracts?
- How to become a customers of electricity JP EPBIH?
- Why do I pay a fee for renewable energy sources (RES) and to whom the collected from this fee go?
- When do I receive electricity bill?
- What are the tolerances on the voltage deviation at customer's connection point?
- Which are the statutory obligations of distributors upon receipt of customer’s complaints on the quality of supplied electricity?
- In what cases it is necessary to submit an application for power permit?
- What are the deadlines for issuing of the preliminary power permit/power permit?
- What is a special zone?
- What is an unauthorized consumption?
- What is a “Smart Grid”?
- What is a “Smart Meter”?
- What if my power supply stops?
What is the difference between a distributor and supplier of electricity?
Distributor performs all tasks related to the distribution network. Its mission is to provide all customers with a connection to the distribution network, and to perform the transport of electricity over the distribution network. Supplier of electricity purchases electricity from electricity producers and sells it to customersNazad na vrh stranice
What does energy market bring to customers?
The energy market brings the following benefits to customers:
- free choice of electricity supplier
- negotiations on contracts for electricity supply
- price of electricity formed on a market basis
Who determines the price of electricity for non-eligible (tariff) customers?
The price of electricity for non-eligible (tariff) customers is determined by the regulatory agency. For the price of electricity for tariff customers of JP EPBIH see Tariffs. More details about the method of forming of the price of electricity for tariff customers can be found in the Rulebook for the tariff methodology and tariff procedures.Nazad na vrh stranice
What is a public electricity supplier?
A public electricity supplies, is a supplier who has the duty to supply electricity to customers who are not eligible and did not choose their supplier of electricity on the free market. For electricity prices for the supply of electricity by a public supplier JP EPBIH see Tariffs.Nazad na vrh stranice
What if I become a eligible customer and I chose an electricity supplier?
If a customer acquires the status of an eligible customer, and fails to choose an electricity supplier, such customer has the right to be supplied by a public supplier. For details about public suppliers and who has the right to a public supplier see section Electricity market.Nazad na vrh stranice
Why do I have to sign a contract on connection to the distribution network, contract on the use of the distribution network and electricity supply contracts?
In accordance with the terms and conditions for supply of electricity, every customer must sign a connection contract with a distributor of electricity and contract on use of the distribution network, and these contracts are signed for an indefinite term in principle. Also, a customer is required to sign an electricity supply contract with suppliers of electricity which is signed for a definite time period for customers who annually contract the amount of electricity (customers at 110 kV, 35 kV and 10 kV). For all other customers (households, other consumption at low voltage, public lighting) supply contracts are signed for an indefinite time. Forms for all three types of contracts can be viewed in part Typical Contracts.Nazad na vrh stranice
How to become a customers of electricity JP EPBIH?
If you are a customer that is already connected to transmission or distribution network and want to change your supplier of electricity, it is enough to contact us with a request to change supplier. If you are a new customer and you are not connected to the network, it is necessary to complete the process of network connection with a distributor, and then sign a contract with a supplier of electricity. See details in “How to become a customer?”.Nazad na vrh stranice
Why do I pay a fee for renewable energy sources (RES) and to whom the collected from this fee go?
Encouraging the use of renewable energy sources is one of the strategic objectives of EU energy policy, expressed through the European Energy Legislation, i.e. Directive on encouraging of the use of energy from renewable sources. The directive requires member states to establish a system of incentives for renewable energy. Each EU member state sets its own national target for the production of electricity from renewable energy sources.
FBiH Government adopted the Regulation on the use of renewable energy sources and cogeneration in June 2010 according to which each supplier is obliged to submit bills to customers with a separate item indicating the total amount of fee for the promotion of renewable energy sources. Regulation defined unit charge that is expressed in convertible marks per consumed kilowatt hour of electricity (€/kWh).
Funds collected from fees for renewable energy sources go to Operator for Renewable Energy and Cogeneration, which, among other things, pays producers of electricity from renewable energy sources, finances costs of operation of Operator for Renewable Energy Sources and Cogeneration RESC.Nazad na vrh stranice
When do I receive electricity bill?
All customers of electricity of JP EPBIH receive electricity bills once a month. If you are not a household customer of electricity, electricity meter reading is done on the first day of every month and you will receive a bill for electricity at the beginning of each month. For customers in the category of households the reading is done continuously throughout the month so that different customers can receive bills at different times during a month, but every month you get your bill at the same time.Nazad na vrh stranice
What are the tolerances on the voltage deviation at customer's connection point?
Deviations from the nominal voltage of electricity at the point of supply of electricity to customers connected to medium voltage (10kV, 20kV, 35kV), can be up to ± 10%. For customers connected to low voltage (0.4 kV) the deviations from nominal voltage of electricity at the point of supply of electricity can be in range of +5% to -10%.Nazad na vrh stranice
Which are the statutory obligations of distributors upon receipt of customer’s complaints on the quality of supplied electricity?
If a network customer submits a written complaint to a distributor regarding the voltage level quality, a distributor is required to measure it within 20 days of filing of a complaint, and provide a written report on the results of such metering at the metering point to a customer of the network within additional 10 days. If it is determined that such complaint was without merit, the costs of metering are borne by the customer of network, and if such complaint was justified, the authorized distributor. If it is determined that such complaint was justified, distributor must ensure the standard quality voltage at such metering point for the next three years.Nazad na vrh stranice
In what cases it is necessary to submit an application for power permit?
End user/producer is required to obtain power permit from electricity distributor before:
- Construction of a new building or refurbishment of an existing power facility connected to the distribution network;
- Connecting additional devices;
- Replacement, relocation or reconstruction of metering point;
- Change of technical characteristics of devices of customer or producer;
- Increase in peak electricity;
- Integrating multiple metering points in each metering location;
- Sharing one metering point to multiple metering points at the same location;
- Change of purpose of building and consumption category.
What are the deadlines for issuing of the preliminary power permit/power permit?
According to the requirements for the issuance of the preliminary power permit/ power permit, distributor is obliged to decide as quickly as possible, but it must not take longer than 30 days after the application is submitted. If submitted documentation is incomplete, the distributor is required to ask such applicant in writing to supplement the data within 8 days of the receipt of request.Nazad na vrh stranice
What is a special zone?
A Special Zone is the area within the urban plan in which connection of buildings being constructed requires construction and/or reconstruction of sub-stations and/or service lines including medium voltage and up to 35 kV voltage level (e.g., factories, mines, residential and commercial buildings intended for market, sports facility, etc.).Nazad na vrh stranice
What is an unauthorized consumption?
The term unauthorized consumption implies:
- Connecting a facility to electricity distribution network without permit and/or connection contract, contract for use of the distribution network and supply contract for electricity
- Consuming electricity without metering devices and/or beside them
- Influencing the operation of metering devices, metering devices removal, removal or damage to seals on metering devices
- Arbitrary reconnection after disconnection
- Bridging meters or arbitrary relocation of connection with metering devices
- Customer influence on tariff control devices in order to use lower tariffs
- Consumption of electricity for the category other than that for which permit was obtained
What is a “Smart Grid”?
A Smart Grid represents a grid in which information and telecommunication technologies for data collection and management of the electricity network are used to increase its efficiency, reliability, and sustainability of the production and distribution of electricity.Nazad na vrh stranice
What is a “Smart Meter”?
A Smart meter is an electronic meter that has possibility of establishing two-way communication between customer and distributor of electricity in a way that information is sent to the telecommunications network, which can include electricity lines, radio or cellular telephone connection. After the installation of smart meters, the distributor can easily determine the place of electricity failure/outage and perform remote meter reading and switch on/off customers from distribution network. Smart meters help reduce unauthorized consumption.Nazad na vrh stranice
What if my power supply stops?
Power supply outage can happen due to:
- Failure in the electricity system,
- Works on electricity network,
- Reduction in the supply of electricity.
In the event of outage of the electricity supply, we recommend that you turn off all appliances except for one light source that will be used to check the status of the system. When the state of the system gradually normalizes switch on devices that are essential to you. Pay special attention to devices that could cause fire after reestablishment of power supply.
Specific information about planned works can be found in the section Planned Disconnections.Nazad na vrh stranice