JP Elektroprivreda BiH d.d. - Sarajevo, with its subsidiary companies, will become a modern energy concern, whose development plans and activities will be consistent with the principles of sustainable development and environmental protection standards.
All organization parts will be optimized to manage environmental aspects to be environmentally acceptable, i.e. until they are verified as environmentally friendly activities in the European milieu.
Concern will responsibly and continuously undertake organizational and technical measures of systematic management and improvement of environmental aspects of activities, continuously monitor the effects on the environment based on techno-economic opportunities, and use preventive and corrective measures to reduce negative impacts.
In order to achieve business and environmental results, priorities are aimed towards:
- Selection of best available techniques (BAT), and technology, and environmental friendly materials,
- Cogeneration, co-combustion and optimization of the production of electricity and thermal energy,
- Modernization of the mines, a safe and controlled exploitation of high quality coal, reclamation of abandoned surface and underground mines,
- Rational use of resources and the use of renewable energy sources,
- Increasing energy efficiency, reducing energy losses in the mining, generation and distribution network,
- Implementation of environmental requirements in research, design and engineering,
- Controlling, monitoring and reducing emissions of pollutants and harmful substances in air, water and in a global environment,
- Risk assessment and assessment of possible incidents to environment, planning and taking preventive and possible remedial measures in order to protect the population and the environment,
- Adequate management of hazardous, dangerous and waste materials, as well as their re-use and recycling.
Development programs and planned activities will comply with the regulations and standards for the protection of environment and natural resources, and the preservation of their quality and living conditions. Monitoring and implementation of local and international legislation and use of safe models and methods for improvement of the environmental aspects will be constant activities leading to our ultimate goal - sustainable development of all activities.
In order to implement environmental policy and environmental management program we will carry out education, training, and consultations of employees. Modern monitoring and information systems will be established, as well as external communication with the executive authorities, international organizations and civil associations in the domain of environmental protection, and the general public.
Business discipline and supervision will ensure individual and functional responsibility in implementation of environmental policy, and fair and transparent reporting on environmental protection.Back to Top
Reports on Environmental Protection
|Annual Environmental Report for 2014 year|
|Annual Environmental Report for 2013 year|
|Annual Environmental Report for 2012 year|
|Project Una -Kostela|
|HPP Vranduk PIL-Project Information Leaflet|
|HPP Vranduk Stakeholder Engagement Plan|
|HPP Vranduk NT Sumary EIA|
|Vranduk HPP - EIA|
|Vranduk HPP ESAP|
|Vranduk HPP LACF|